- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
Homemade Lemon Curd:
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter-softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 cup lemon curd
- To make homemade lemon curd, in a saucepan melt the butter. Remove from the heat, add sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest, whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk well. Place over medium heat and cook for 5-6 minutes until all sugar dissolve and the mixture is thick enough to hold the marks from a whisk. Cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 8 x 8 x 2 inch square baking pan (or 9 x 9 inch pan) with parchment paper leaving an overhang the sides, spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- First make the crumb topping. In a bowl stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar and salt. Then add melted butter and stir with a fork until pea size crumb form. Set in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make the cake beat softened butter for a minute, then add sugar and beat until creamy. Add lemon zest, vanilla and eggs and mix to combine.
- Add sour cream and mix well, then mix in flour, baking powder and salt. Spread half of the batter in prepared pan.
- Spread 1 cup of lemon curd over the batter but don’t go all the way to the edges (or it will burn during baking).
- Spoon remaining batter on top.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and egg until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture over the batter.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping and bake about 45-55 minutes or until the center has set. If it browns too much tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Cool for 30 minutes in the pan, then pull the paper and lift the cake and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving if desired.
acquired from: https://omgchocolatedesserts.com/lemon-coffee-cake/