- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (≈1 lemon)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (≈1 lemon)
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
LEMON GLAZE INGREDIENTS
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (≈3 lemons)
- 4 tablespoons lemon zest (≈3 lemons)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper and butter the sides
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, set aside.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add in eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients, the batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan and bake in the oven for 25-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Make sure to not over bake.
- Cool completely.
- In a standing mixer with a wire whip attachment, combine the powdered sugar and lemon zest. Slowly add lemon juice until a thick paste is formed
- Spread the glaze over the blondies
- Allow glaze to set up (overnight).
adapted from: https://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.com/lemon-brownies/
References [ + ]